Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ingredient Forum (First Entry): Crème Légère

I have decided to start an ingredient forum, where we can all work together to learn more about potential ingredients in our culinary futures. I want to hear about each of the ways in which you have used the ingredient in question, and anything you'd like to try but have concerns with. I think it'll be a great way to collaborate and create a pool of ideas to be pulled from by all involved. 


The first ingredient I'd like to open the floor on is Crème Légère. A friend of mine brought me a small amount that his mother sent to the States from his home in France. As I understand it, the cream is like a lighter, thinner version of crème fraiche and has a multitude of uses. Christophe recommended that I add a bit of the cream at the end of the cooking process to thicken up a sauce, for example, and add that smooth buttery finish to any dish. The research I've done has shown that most uses seem to be as part of a dessert. The most interesting recipe I have found so far was for a candied fennel sponge cake, the results of which I will definitely share once I find the time to attempt it. 




Check it! It's all in French. How cool is that?


Let the discussion begin! I can't wait to hear what you guys have to contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment